Over at The Shee's lost knowledge, The Lone Shee has developed and released the C1 Smart Scriptorium Viewer, which will allow all C1 developers to work out what scripts exist for any particular object.
Don't forget to check out the Netures page while you're there!
1. Spotlight: More and more objects are available in shop according to your current level. This category shows the latest items unlocked.
2. Resources: In this tab you’ll find coins and golden eggs.
3. Genetics: You can buy here genes pack to use with the Splicing Machine.
4. Toys: Self-explanatory. Toys mainly relieves Norns’ boredom.
5. Decoration: A lot of items are present here, which are purely for decoration. Though actually there may be some exceptions.
6. Ecosystem: You can buy here plant pots (to grow fruit plants) and critters. Naturally occurring flowers, grass patches and insects can’t be bought as they depend of the world.
7. Others: You can buy here coin machines and nests for your Norns to sleep.
8. Hide / shows a small description of the concerned item.
9. Upon buying an object, the game let you place it. However, you can stock objects you don’t want to place immediately. That’s why you can see a “Use” button here: I already have one of these objects in stock.
[via Fishing Cactus].
I wanted to let you all know that Creatures Pocket Edition is here! You are able to put Creatures on an external HDD, USB, SD card, or Micro SD card. Making all six Creatures games something you can put in your pocket, and take with you. Yes! I said six games! Creatures Pocket Edition also adds optional Creatures Village support. Play the classic four games or play all six.
Creatures Pocket Edition is now slimmer then ever before, having been slimmed down from a hefty 1.1 GB to less then 120MB. It is also perfect for backing up worlds in case of a computer crash, storing your agents and COBs, or swapping creatures with your buddy next door.
It is the the first release that is not alpha or beta. It is an actual release.
I personally want to thank all of you for your help with hosting, allowing me to use your videos, and helping me pick a new name. My goal was to make something worthwhile that veteran and new players of the series would enjoy. I was playing Creatures since my childhood, and it is an absolute honor to give back something to a game series that has meant so much to me.
The point of this project is to show your appreciation for the Creatures Community by adding your own 120 x 120 square to the quilt. Make your mark, show off your creativity and share your love of Creatures and the Community.
Over time, watch the quilt grow as I update the quilt every 4 squares. At the end of the year, I will 'stitch' all of the rows together and post the finished quilt online. Squares will be placed in the order that they were submitted.
You have all year, but don't forget to join in on the project!
Happy Easter everyone! There are plenty of egg-celent add-ons available here at Creatures Caves to help you celebrate! Be sure to check out the Easter Add-Ons resource article by Malkin, along with the Easter COBs/agents, and particularly the Eggstravaganza Patch Plant from last year (pictured right). Also, Laura has recently released a new agent along with Kezune, Papriko and Jesseth, called the Water Weed, so download it today! (And if you're feeling adventurous, try the new Airanhas as well!)
As you can see in the video:
- Each Norn has 8 cosmetic genes, each one impacting the appearance of the Norn. Changing the 1st one will have an impact on the belly, the 2nd one on the pattern the Norn has and so on.
- There are 12 possible genes
- There are 4 body types, each gene corresponds to one of them. The body of the Norn is an "average" created from these genes. See for example how the body shape changed when I replaced Bananou's genes with Feral genes.
- Two Norns with the same genes will look the same in the Splicing Machine as the preview shows you how the Norn should look with these genes. That's why Bananou and Brugno seem similar.
- However, once spliced they can have small differences even with the same genes. If you look carefully, in-game Bananou has 2 white spots on the hips, while Brugno has a white mark on the right arm.
- The pattern on Norn fur is defined by genes #2 and #3, but the color for these patterns are defined by genes #5 and #6.
- Time required for splicing depends of the number of genes modified (and the type of these genes). [via Fishing Cactus' Weekly Update #67]
Once upon a time, there was a friend of mine who said that a game was good as long as there was pandas in it. He didn't like Creatures at first, so I thought I'd prove it to him, by adding pandas to the game.
The Panda Norns are known as cousins of the Bondi Norns, because they both share peaceful values and long lives.
They're available for download here. I hope you like them.
There's a new kind of Norn on the block. The Evo Norns. What's so special about them? They are a result of months of work by multiple people fixing many problems with the base C3/DS creatures genomes and any genomes based on them... the CFF genome (see this thread for more details)... They have many fixes and nearly 50 new genes, including a new drive regulation organ that fixes creatures tendency to starve while preoccupied with other drives, and a new brain lobe that regulates their hunger so they will not overeat.
I would love to hear any feedback or suggestions about these Norns, as I think that CFF is just about ready to roll out on all the official Norn breeds (the Evo are based on ChiChis). If anyone can think of any other fixes I can add to them or changes to make them better (keep in mind these should be generic fixes that could apply to all breeds) please let me know in reply here or in the dev thread.
Hello fellow Creatures Caves citizens! Ham5ter and I have been doing a lot of talking and it looks like ham5ter has started on something amazing. The rewrite of the server is far more elegant and useful than before. We have decided to make it in the style of a web service, so we can expand on the Warp in ways we (until recently) only dreamed of.
A lot of life changes are happening with both of us, but we have made a commitment to having the Warp online and usable as soon as possible. This is one of the central projects for us now.
For more information, you can read ham5ter and my blog post over on the Albian Warp blog!