creatures caves welcome, guest
downloads   gallery   dev   community   creatchi   forum   mycaves
bookmarks | search | post new topic
Survivor Forum
old
NimhsLab's Journal | Survivor: Space   
Rascii
Caves Dweller

Rascii
United States  
Administrator


 visit Rascii's website: Creatures Caves
  8/17/2013

I was taking a hunting trip to one of my favorite savannah planets when I got stranded! It's a simply dreadful state of affairs, and with all these savages, I will certainly have to defend myself before all this is over. *adjusts floral hat* I do hope there is some tea on this space-ship... Ugh, there are so many better things I could be doing right now instead of being stuck on this terrible space station...

- Rascii
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  8/18/2013  1

"Hhhh, getting registered was bothersome. Apparently, it has never heard of a Banshee before. And the NERVE of that computer to deny me my true moniker. 'Too high generation' my Scales!"

...Wait. What's that noise? *Reaches for knife*

-she opens the door-

Nothing? I could have sworn I heard- *Audio cuts out*

-------

"I'm trying to--- not working--- I Can't stay here!"

-She is forced to flee her room-


[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  8/18/2013

*While running away, she manages to get lost in another part of the ship, with shuttles that, according to the consoles, lead to the surface. She hears the monster catching up to her and makes a split decision to wait it out on the surface, hoping it will leave before she comes back.*

-the shuttle lands in a tree, and she has to climb down. She is not wearing a mask, as the on-board sensors indicated the air was breathable-

Wow... The view from orbit didn't seem this... Green. I wonder if there's anything to hunt, I'm getting hungry. *she wanders off, after examining the area closely so she can find her way back, and picking up a large, heavy stick.* I can't really knock anything from a tree with a hunting knife...

-she wanders for a few hours, finding some water-rich fruit, some of which she puts in her bag. She also manages to catch a few small mammals, which she kills with a blow to the head so they don't bleed and attract predators, or ruin her bag.-

I better head back, it's getting dark. Who knows what kinds of night predators there might be in this place, anyway, probably safer on the ship with that... Thing. *She finds her way back to the ship, only to discover that something got there before she did. The hull has claw-marks on it, and the wing is severely dented. She has no choice but to attempt a return to the ark anyway, or risk something bigger coming and actually ripping through the outer hull.*

-She barely makes it back up to the ship, and before she's even out of the planet's lower atmosphere, she crashes into a tree, denting the door. She docks successfully, but noisily, drawing the creature back to her position. The door is jammed.-


[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  8/18/2013

*She is still trapped, and the rough landing apparently prevented the shuttle from registering as "docked", also knocking out the connection to the ark systems. The more robust on-board computers are still in-tact, but even if she could get the door open, the inner airlock won't open for a ship that "Isn't there". She can hear the Monster scraping at the inner doors, and is afraid it might rip through, cornering her. She sets to whittling the stick into a spear, after sending out an emergency message.*

[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  8/19/2013

"ANY-ONE THERE!?" -A voice shouts, jolting her awake. She jumps so suddenly that she hits her head on the console she was hiding under.- "OW! Yes, Watch out for the Monster! It might still be hanging around!" She pauses, before adding, "My door is jammed! I'm going to try to fix the connection, You might hear a loud 'Wham'!". Warning uttered, she backs up, preparing to collide with the door full speed...



[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  8/20/2013

-The door starts to open, and she almost breaths a sigh of relief, before her "Savior" starts yelling and shuts the door on her.- "I'm a Grendel, for Banshee's sake! I think my immune system can handle it! Besides, there are some surgical masks in here I could wear if it would make you feel better. OPEN THE DOOR." She puts on the mask, because he has a point, even if he is crazy and tried to lock her out... *She hears a slamming noise in the distance, and knows what it is, but figures it could teach that terrible insect a lesson, thusly saying nothing about it.*

[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  8/20/2013

*She saunters out of the shuttle. Finally that pest gives her the respect she deserves! She is still wearing the mask, just in case. She turns towards the norn.* "We should probably get there as quickly as possible. The Over-rated Ant over there is right, I might be able to handle whatever sickness comes my way, but the rest of you aren't so blessed. Maybe there's a map on one of these consoles." *She hears a growl* "Double-time! Come on!"

[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  8/26/2013

*...She stirs, groaning, before starting suddenly. She wonders where she is, and why she is upright. She opens her eyes, and looks down, discovering that she is covered in... Purple goo? Red? Green? And suspended five feet above the floor in a large, dim room.* "Oh no..." *She sees large, blurry shapes moving around the room, and can hear distorted growling. She also hears a faint humming, somewhat mechanical in nature...*

[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  9/2/2013

"All SUuuRvIvorssss TooOO The MeSss HAaaLL"

Daisy is frightened by the distorted words, and she cries out, alerting the creatures in the dark to her being awake. They move closer, and one jumps at her, nipping at the tip of her tail. She screams, a shrill, hoarse noise, before hiccupping sadly. She feels that no-one will hear, no-one will help her. Her arms are asleep, tingling uncomfortably, and the shapes below her are blurred, slowly shifting in color, occasionally warping oddly. She is thirsty, she is weak. She presses the button on her transmitter, and hopes that her vocal chords don't betray her...


[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  9/2/2013

She is now on the move, eating a tore off piece of one of the dead monsters to regain her strength. She is scraping her knife across the wall, moving swiftly through the vents towards the sound of speech. (Nimhslab comments: I won't let her take any of the contestants out of action, don't worry. She'll just be really scary, and running away would maybe be advisable? Fast?)

[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  9/3/2013

She smells prey. An ettin, and the smell of herbivorous "Foods" such as cheese. She recognizes a nervous voice. The voice of the insect that didn't save her, that said some trite about "sending a search party later". She's heard those types before, they always get over-ruled by the group, never good leaders, never strong enough to enforce their own morals upon peasants. Such creatures deserve to be dead, she thinks, rid from the world so that the real powers can rule unimpeded. She will eat him, and by him, grow stronger. She will find all the norns whose miserable stench of fear permeates this place, and she will win. She will be able to go back to hunting, eating raw fish when she pleases, running free through the jungles of Nimh 24 again, no care in the world but for the next day, the next pelt to line her den, the next skull to show her might.
She is tired in a way that she hasn't known before. She has never been required to feel fear, never felt trapped. Her only solace, as she bounds through the ventilation system, is that she is at home here. She is a creature of stealth and grace, and the kill will be as such.

She comes to where she can see him, in a vent quite close to being directly above him, and wonders at how her prey is a caterpillar with purple stains on its shoulders. She carefully removes the grate without a sound, and readies her knife before leaping down...


[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
NimhsLab

NimhsLab
United States  


  9/4/2013

She takes a minute to admire her work, "My Freedom", "First of many", before crawling back into the ventilation system. She decides to take a break, let them see her work, before returning to her task. She is still hungry, due to inexperience at skinning creature-shaped things, and lack of ability to gnaw through all that fur. She assumes that the critters in those "Terrariums" she heard about will have to suffice. Perhaps there will be a source of water. She commences her search for sustenance, sniffling through the vents towards the smell of fresh water. Where there is water, there will be animals; and thirst always has priority, no matter how meager.

[chirping and clicking] Clicks for a winter god! >
 
 
  replies cannot be added because this thread has been locked.


downloads
cobs
adoptions
creaturelink
metarooms
breeds
 
gallery
art
wallpaper
screenshots
graphics
promos
sprites
dev
hack shack
script reservations
dev resources
active projects
dev forum
 
community
links
advice
chat
polls
resources
creatchi
 
forum
bookmarks
general
news
help
development
strangeo
survivor
mycaves
log in
register
lost pw
0 online
creatures caves is your #1 resource for the creatures artificial life game series: creatures, creatures 2, creatures 3, docking station, and the upcoming creatures family.

contact    help    privacy policy    terms & conditions    rules    donate    wiki