Welcome to Strangeo, weirdos!
So, you've stumbled across our Strangeo forum and you're eager to post a wicked new game or start a riveting off-topic discussion. But wait! Before you go a-clickin' "Post Topic", observe these pointers first...
* Enjoy yourselves but also post sensibly.
-> "Sensibly" implies participating in the games and discussions in a good and productive way.
- This involves creating games and off topic discussions with quality and sustenance, thus ensuring that they'll be enjoyable for everyone.
- To ensure your game runs smoothly, try to provide further readers and other players with clear legible posts. This also means absolutely no scrolling or "l33t" speak, kids.
- Topic revival is a tricky issue. If a discussion hasn't been posted in for a couple of weeks or so, then it should be left to rest in peace. That's unless you have a very good reason to bring the topic back up! After all, they usually die for a reason. I'm prepared to be lenient where games are concerned, if the game was popular before and it shows promise of being popular again.
- Finally, think before you post. Will your post actively contribute to the game or discussion?
* When posting a new game, try and ensure that the rules are clear enough for other people to follow.
-> Enjoyment is sucked out of a game when people don't understand how to play it. It's the same in real life. For example, I'd love to play "Hold 'Em Poker" but I just cannot understand the rules.
- Provide some clear cut instructions and your game should attract more players.
Hopefully these pointers will help to ensure that everyone enjoys this forum to its fullest. Happy posting!