|Laura's Guide to Strangeo |
Welcome to Strangeo, weirdos!
So, you've stumbled across our Strangeo forum and you're eager to post a wicked new game or start a riveting off-topic discussion. But wait! Before you go a-clickin' "Post Topic", observe these pointers first...
* Enjoy yourselves but also post sensibly.
-> "Sensibly" implies participating in the games and discussions in a good and productive way.
- This involves creating games and off topic discussions with quality and sustenance, thus ensuring that they'll be enjoyable for everyone.
- To ensure your game runs smoothly, try to provide further readers and other players with clear legible posts. This also means absolutely no scrolling or "l33t" speak, kids.
- Topic revival is a tricky issue. If a discussion hasn't been posted in for a couple of weeks or so, then it should be left to rest in peace. That's unless you have a very good reason to bring the topic back up! After all, they usually die for a reason. I'm prepared to be lenient where games are concerned, if the game was popular before and it shows promise of being popular again.
- Finally, think before you post. Will your post actively contribute to the game or discussion?
* When posting a new game, try and ensure that the rules are clear enough for other people to follow.
-> Enjoyment is sucked out of a game when people don't understand how to play it. It's the same in real life. For example, I'd love to play "Hold 'Em Poker" but I just cannot understand the rules.
- Provide some clear cut instructions and your game should attract more players.
Hopefully these pointers will help to ensure that everyone enjoys this forum to its fullest. Happy posting!
And just to make it painfully clear:
No more than *three* active RPGs are allowed to go on at a time in Strangeo
Yes, I'm the forum ... Any questions?
Rascii: You make my life difficult, angel.
| replies cannot be added because this thread has been locked.|